ANGE Postecoglou's overhaul of the Melbourne Victory's squad has continued as he declined to renew the contracts of four players.
Midfielders Diogo Ferreira and Spase Dilevski, plus goalkeeper Tando Velaphi and defender Sam Gallagher have all been released by the Victory as coach Postecoglou prepares his squad for the 2013-14 A-League season.
While Ferreira and Dilevski were regularly involved under Postecoglou this season, neither set the world alight, while Velaphi and Gallagher barely played for the former Brisbane Roar manager.
Postecoglou thanked the quartet for their work during his first season with the Victory.
"All of those guys were great clubmen and certainly put in a lot of hard work during their time with us," Postecoglou said on Friday.
"Unfortunately the boys won't be a part of our future campaigns but we as a club wish them nothing but the best and sincerely thank them for their efforts both on and off the pitch."
Ferreira played 16 matches for Melbourne this season for a total of 52 in his four seasons with the club.
But the 23-year-old was predominantly selected out of position at right full-back before being replaced in the starting line-up by 17-year-old Scott Galloway towards the end of the Victory's campaign.
Dilevski, playing his first season in his home town since he was a junior, played 13 games for Melbourne but started just four.
Velaphi's disappointing stint in Melbourne comes to an end with just three appearances in two years, having missed most of the 2011-12 season with injury, while Gallagher's career under Postecoglou effectively ended after a disastrous first half in a 4-2 loss to Adelaide United in December.
Earlier this week Perth Glory said goodbye to Liam Miller and Brisbane Roar released Stef Nijland, James Meyer and Matt Jurman as they tune up their squad for the 2013-14 season.
Champions in 2011 and 2012, Roar's attempt at a three-peat was ended at the weekend by Premier's Plate holders Western Sydney Wanderers in their 2-0 semi-final defeat.
With the loss signalling an end to Brisbane's campaign, coach Mike Mulvey quickly moved to reinvigorate his squad at the expense of Nijland, Meyer and Jurman.
Defender Jurman played 15 times in his second season in orange and black, and has been linked to a move back to old club Sydney FC, while midfielder Meyer scored one goal in his five appearances.
Dutch attacker Nijland was on a four-month loan deal with the Queensland club, and he had 10 appearances before being released back to Eredivisie side PSV Eindhoven.
Mulvey said the trio were not in his plans beyond this season.
"From my point of view, I'd like to thank all three for their commitment and professionalism during my time at the club," Mulvey said in a release.
"Each has contributed to the club in their own way, but at this point in time they did not fit into our plans as we move forward.
"On behalf of the club, I'd like to wish each player the best of luck for their respective career in the future."
Meanwhile, experienced midfielder Miller decided not to renew his contract with Glory.
Miller was offered a new deal for the 2013/2014 season, but the Republic of Ireland international declined and will instead pursue other options.
"Unfortunately, it's part and parcel of football," Glory coach Alistair Edwards said. "Players come and go. Liam has played an important role over the last two years but has decided to move on.
"We'd like to thank him for his commitment and professionalism at Perth Glory and we wish him well in his future endeavours."