Perth Glory marquee Diego Castro won’t make a decision on his playing future until after this season.
Speaking through a Spanish translator on Tuesday, the attacking midfielder was coy on questions about his future, with his Glory contract expiring at the end of this season.
The 34-year-old was linked with a move to Sydney FC last month but Glory rebuffed the speculation.
Glory endured a similar stand-off with Castro last season after he won the Johnny Warren Medal, only to re-sign on a one-year deal in June amid interest from India.
Castro confirmed that he wouldn't entertain a decision until after this season.
“I’m very focused on finishing this season," Castro said.
"To reach the best levels and be at the top of the league. Then we will see next season.
"We’ll talk about next season next year."
The former Gijon and Getafe man added that he and his family were happy in Australia, although he have gave nothing away.
“For me, this experience has been a wonderful experience not just for me, but the whole family,” he said.
“I’m so grateful for all the things I’ve received from Perth Glory, the crowd and everyone involved in his life.”