FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL

Victory were emphatic against last season's beaten Semi-Finalists, racing to a 4-0 lead after 51 minutes in Brisbane.

Ex-Roar striker Besart Berisha netted a double for Victory, while Milligan scored from the penalty spot on 51 minutes following his return to the club after two years in the UAE.

Adelaide United also progressed against A-League opposition, toppling Newcastle Jets 1-0 at Marden Sports Complex.

Michael Marrone scored the game's only goal on 63 minutes, representing a winning start for new Reds boss Marco Kurz.

Sydney United 58 also eased into the last 16 with a dominant 7-2 thrashing of NPL Queensland outfit FNQ Heat.

Yutaro Shin netted two goals for United in a record-equalling high score for the FFA Cup last 32.

Bentleigh Greens, who made the 2014 FFA Cup semis, progressed after a 4-1 penalty shootout win over Hume City.

Earlier the clash ended 1-1 with Tyson Holmes and Jamie Prasad trading goals.

FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL

FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL

Brisbane Roar 1 (Skapetis 90') Melbourne Victory 5 (Austin 26', Troisi 35', Berisha 48' pen, 73', Milligan 51' pen)

Mitch Austin opened the scoring with a tap-in from a rebound before James Troisi, fresh from inking a new deal with Victory, pounced on an errant Thomas Kristensen to make it 2-0.

Two dubious penalties against Jack Hingert and Jade North early in the second half allowed Victory to extend their advantage, with Besart Berisha converting the first.

Berisha was fouled by North for the second spotkick, leaving him injured, allowing Mark Milligan the opportunity to step up and convert upon his Victory return.

The Kosovo international added Victory's fifth before new Roar signing Peter Skapetis pulled one back in stoppage-time with a beautiful left-foot strike from outside the box.

Michael Marrone celebrates his winner

Adelaide United 1 (Marrone 63') Newcastle Jets 0

New Danish signing Johan Absalonsen provided the assist for the winner as life under Marco Kurz started with a win for United.

Absalonsen's corner found Michael Marrone, who headed home inside the box for the decider.

The Jets, in their maiden competitive game under new coach Ernie Merrick, should have equalised on 86 minutes, when Kosta Petratos spurned a close-range chance.

Petratos' initial shot was saved on the line by a diving Jordan Elsey, before he fired the rebound over the bar from point blank range.

FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL

FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL

Sydney United 58 7 (Trifiro 24', Sim 32', Shin 46', 70', Payne 47', Nikas 58' pen, Vranic 82') FNQ Heat 2 (Carroll 23', Beverley 84' pen)

United eased into the last 16 with a crushing win, which started off poorly with FNQ Heat opening the scoring through Jamie Carroll on 23 minutes.

Former A-League pair Glen Trifiro and Matt Sim responded with goals to give United the lead before the break.

United went 3-1 ahead a minute after half-time with a close-range header from Yutaro Shin and barely 60 seconds later Chris Payne had an easy finish from close range to add a fourth.

Asi Isman tripped Panni Nikas on left side of box, allowing the ex-Mariners man to convert from the penalty spot with a panenka.

Nikas had a shot cleared off the line, before a Β poor defnesive clearance allowed Shin to blast home a sixth.

Adrian Vranic made it 7-1, before Heat won a penalty through Carroll, converted by Charlie Beverley.

United celebrate Matt Sim's equaliser

Hume City 1 (Prasad 62') Bentleigh Greens 1 (Holmes 10') - Bentleigh won 4-1 on penalties

Hume goalkeeper Michael Weier made an early blunder, allowing Bentleigh's Tyson Holmes to charge down his clearance for the 10th minute opener.

City equalised in fine fashion, with Liam Boland laying off for an unmarked Jamie Prasad and he fired emphatically in the corner, giving Greens keeper Ryan Scott no chance.

Scores were locked at 1-1 after 90 minutes, sending the game to extra-time, with Hume midfielder Daniel Clark coming closest to winning it, with his left-foot effort hitting the woodwork.

The match went to penalties, with Hume's Atilla Ofli spurning his side's first spotkick, before Scott denied Prasad to make it 2-0.

Lambros Chonos netted the decisive penalty to clinch a 4-1 shootout win for the Greens who reached the semi-finals in 2014.

FFA Cup Round of 32 Matchday 4 PIC SPECIAL