At a hastily convened media conference, NSW Police top brass backed the eviction of Rory Carroll and his three young daughters by ten police officers and four security guards.

Assistant Commissioner Mark Walton insisted the row had blown up over Carroll trying to force his way past security to get a "better choice" of beer at the grandstand bar.

He also insisted he'd see no images of cops touching their guns in the row – and that Carroll and his three daughters had been evicted after causing a disruption when police confronted him.

However his claims are directly contradicted by the video taken on the night.

Carroll clearly explains in the video he just wanted to take his special needs daughter to the disabled toilet next to them which she has used all season.

A police officer is also seen with his hand on his gun holster during the discussion which ends when Carroll calmly accepts he has no choice but to leave.

The police later poured more petrol on the fire by saying Carroll had been banned from ANZ Stadium two years ago.



This afternoon Carroll took the unprecedented step of issuing a press release in a bid to try to clear his name over the attempted character assassination by NSW Police.

"What started off as a joyous occasion for my daughters and their friend, after halftime our evening turned into one to forget," he said in the media statement.

"On Sydney radio today, Assistant Commissioner of the NSW Police Mark Walton said that I was trying to access an area for Melbourne Victory fans to get full strength beer.

"I reject this out of hand.

"For a start, I was not drinking alcohol but Coca-Cola, not least because I was in charge of three young children.

"Second, if they really thought I was drinking alcohol, why didn’t they ask me to undertake a drink-driving test when I left the stadium with the children? They didn’t because they knew I wasn’t drinking.

"Third, here is what happened.

"The original issue arose because I anticipated my special needs daughter would require the bathroom facilities in the second half. As is prudent, I went to quickly check the disabled bathroom first to ensure this was in a clean state.