Adelaide United chairman Piet van der Pol tonight insisted he HAD arranged contract talks with Marco Kurz after the coach lashed out about being left in limbo during a media conference today.
"I'm still waiting for [Van der Pol] to contact me as promised," Kurz said. "I left him a message four weeks ago...it was on February 21 and I'm still waiting for a call back.
"That's the situation. I have a lot of points to discuss with him - not only my personal future but also the goal for the club.
"I would like to understand what the goal for the season is and I want to know what is the long-term goal for the club.
"I would like to know for the benefit for the players, the supporters, the sponsors and the whole Adelaide United family."
Tonight though the Reds retaliated with their own statement to the media, insisting the chairman was in the process of following through on his promises.
"Van der Pol advised head coach Marco Kurz, prior to travelling overseas on business and personal leave, that discussions regarding the latter’s future would be had upon van der Pol’s return to Adelaide," said the club.
Van der Pol added: “I returned home to Adelaide earlier this week and have indicated to Marco that I will be sitting with him following our game against Perth Glory tomorrow evening.
“Prior to my departure, Marco and I did agree with one another that we would meet once I came back and I am looking forward to this.
“I am very proud of what we are achieving at Adelaide United; the winning of the FFA Cup and the strengthening of relationships with key stakeholders have been particular highlights.
“Most recently, today’s announcement of the re-signing of Michael Marrone is another positive for us all.
“I am excited to return to Coopers Stadium tomorrow night for what is a very important game for our boys.”