Striker Brendon Santalab has capped off a stellar A-League season by being named Player of the Year at the Western Sydney Wanderers Medal night on Tuesday.
In what was his most prolific season yet, Santalab broke the club’s all-time goal scoring record, which now stands at 37 goals, and finished the regular season with a club-high tally of 14 A-League goals.
It is the first time the 34-year-old has been named Player of the Year - voted by Wanderers players - in his four seasons with the Red & Black.
Argentine marquee Nicolás Martínez was another big winner on the night, claiming the Rod Allen Award: Media Player of the Year, as voted by media representatives, as well as the Members’ Player of the Year, as voted by the Club’s 20,021 Members.
Caitlin Cooper took home the top gong for the women, the defender being named Westfield W-League Player of the Year in what was her fourth season at the club.
In an ultra-competitive W-League season, Cooper led by example at the heart of defence, captaining the youthful side to equal the club's highest ever points tally.
Youngster Keanu Baccus won the Foxtel National Youth League player after an impressive season where he also made three A-League appearances.
Full list of award winners:
- Hyundai A-League Player of the Year presented by NRMA Insurance: Brendon Santalab
- Westfield W-League Player of the Year: Caitlin Cooper
- Members’ Player of the Year presented by Coffee Emporium: Nicolás Martínez
- Rod Allen Award: Media Player of the Year: Nicolás Martínez
- Foxtel National Youth League Player of the Year: Keanu Baccus
- Powerchair Player of the Year: Abdullah Karim
- Hyundai A-League Golden Boot presented by Nike: Brendon Santalab
- Westfield W-League Golden Boot: Katie Stengel
- Chairman’s Award: Bernie McLeod and Lawrence Gilbert
- Guardian Funerals Wandercrew Volunteer of the Year: William Renton