New Adelaide signing James Troisi insists returning to the Socceroos is the last thing on his mind after joining his hometown club on a two-year deal.
The attacking midfielder has joined the Reds for the next two A-League seasons, over a decade after leaving Adelaide to pursue his career.
His move comes just under a year after missing out on selection for Australia's Asian Cup squad.
The 31-year-old scored Australia's winning goal in the 2015 Asian Cup final but admits he's not expecting his move to Adelaide to result in a recall to Graham Arnold's national team setup.
"Not at all to be honest. I just want to enjoy my football," he said. "Your bread and butter is your club football. That's all I'm focused on at the moment."
Troisi's departure following his second stint at Melbourne Victory after three seasons immediately put him on the radar of Adelaide director of football Bruce Djite.
The pair played together with Turkish club Genclerbirligi and Djite said securing Troisi had been a key part of his recruiting plan.
"He's a quality player. Had the pleasure of playing with him when I played and I know first-hand how good he is," Djite said.
"I feel our midfield needed to add a bit of quality to be more competitive and I think we've done that securing James."
Troisi says after signing so near to the start of the season he expects to be eased back into action before attaining full fitness.
If he does feature in Adelaide's season-opener against champions Sydney FC on Friday at Coopers Stadium, it's expected he'll do so from the bench.
"Ultimately that's up to the coach and the medical staff," Troisi said.
"I want to get obviously back on the pitch as soon as possible but we have to do it in a smart way as well."